The Dillon XL650 is a high-speed progressive reloading machine designed to load the common rifle and handgun cartridges, from 17 Hornet though 458 Winchester Magnum in rifle, and 32 ACP through 500 S&W in handgun. Machine height from the bench is 32″ without the optional electric case feeder, 38 1/2″ with the electric casefeeder installed.
Base price with one caliber conversion kit is $.
Price, with options as shown, is $
Note: Dies are not included with the machine
Truly the state of the art, our XL650 features automatic indexing and is capable of producing up to 800 rounds per hour, or more if you are using both the case and bullet feeders. With our quick change caliber conversion kits you can swap the machine from one caliber to the next in less than 10 minutes. The XL650 is available in most popular pistol and rifle calibers.
The optional Mr. Bulletfeeder by Double-Alpha is an excellent addition to your Dillon Precision XL650. With Mr. Bulletfeeder, and our optional Casefeeder, all you have do is load the machine with components, pull the handle, and the machine does the rest. Mr. Bulletfeeder ships with one caliber installed. Conversion kits are available in:
- 9mm / 38 Super / 38 Special/357
- 40 S&W / 10mm
- 223 Rem / 5.56 NATO
- 308 WIN / 7.62mm
The optional Casefeeder from Dillon Precision is available in 110v and 220v* variants. Each Casefeeder ships with one of four Casefeed plates which are listed below. The number of cases that the Casefeeder can hold will depend upon the cartridge type. Typically the Casefeeder will hold 600 38 Special cases or 500 223 Rem cases.
.32, 380, 9mm, 38 Super, 30 Carbine
40 S&W, 10 mm, 38 Special and larger, 7.62 x 39
204 Ruger, 222, 223 Remington
22-250 and larger
Recommended for the Remington Ultra Magnum, WSM and related cartridges.
* The 220v Casefeeder is only for use in Europe, Asia and Australia.
** The magnum rifle Casefeed plate is available for an additional fee and cannot be included as the “free” Casefeed plate that comes with the unit.
HOW IT WORKS
Reloading with Dillon’s XL 650 is Easy as 1-2-3!
Most shooters realize that reloading is the most economical way to enjoy their sport, but many shooters are unaware of just how simple it is to reload. In fact, Dillon’s XL650 is one of the easier progressive loaders in the world to learn to operate. How can we make that statement? Simple. Since all of the reloading steps are performed with one stroke of the handle, there is less to remember, or forget, than with an old-fashioned single-station press. Skeptical? Just watch this short video to see how easy it really is.
Of all the steps in reloading, the adjustment of the reloading dies is the most critical. With the Dillon XL650s removable toolhead, your dies will stay in perfect adjustment. There’s no need to screw them in and out – even when changing calibers! The XL650 toolhead is held in place by two steel pins. There’s less to go wrong, less to remember.
It’s Your Choice
You can struggle along with a slow, cumbersome single-station press with all its adjustments, changes and secrets, or make your life easier with a progressive Dillon XL650 Reloading machine. If you’re thinking about a competitor’s reloader, before you put your money down, consider this: Dillon will let you try the XL650 for 30 days. If it doesn’t live up to our claims, or your expectations, return it. We’ll refund your money. Our warranty is simple. If it breaks, we’ll fix it FREE for as long as you own it.
The Dillon XL650 will produce match-quality ammo for a wide variety of rifle and handgun calibers. Priced at $*, the XL650 comes complete with one caliber conversion installed on the machine.
* Dies sold separately.
The basic 650 includes the following:
- 1 powder measure with standard large and small powder bars (small bar installed). The small bar throws from 2.1 to 15 grains of powder. The large bar throws from 15 to 55 grains of extruded powder or up to 60 grains of ball/spherical type powder.
- 1 primer system with large and small priming parts (appropriate size installed).
- 1 large and one small primer pick-up tube.
- Low Primer Alarm
- 1 loaded cartridge bin
- 1 toolhead
- 1 powder die
- 1 caliber conversion kit – installed
- 1 set of standard Allen wrenches
You will also need (at a minimum):
- Die set (dies are not included with the base unit)
- Powder scale
- Reloading Handbook
- Dial caliper
- Primer flip tray
- Case lube (for bottleneck cartridges)
We suggest that you also get:
- Dillon dies, which are designed for high speed use.
- Extra primer pick-up tubes, if loading more than 100 – 200 rounds per sitting.
- If you are loading more than 500 rounds per reloading session, then the RF-100 Electric Primer Filler is an accessory well worth considering.
- A machine cover to keep the unit dust free.
To change calibers, you will need:
- A Die set for the new caliber.
- A Caliber Conversion Kit.
- If you have the optional electric casefeeder you may need a different casefeed plate. Please refer to the caliber conversion chart in the Instruction Manual.
- If you are using the Mr. Bulletfeeder you made need a caliber conversion.
If you want to leave your dies preset, you’ll need: